Party Structure

Notifying Neighbours

If you plan to carry out construction work that affect a party structure, you must notify your neighbours in advance.


An adjoining owner (neighbour) has the option to consent to the proposed works. If they consent, works can commence without the requirement of a Party Wall Award as there is no dispute.


An adjoining owner (neighbour) has the option to dissent to the proposed works. If they dissent, a dispute arises, and surveyors act on each owner’s behalf to agree a Party Wall Award which officially resolves the dispute.

No Response

If the adjoining owner fails to respond to the notice, the building owner’s surveyor has the right to appoint a surveyor to act for the adjoining owner. This prevents a situation arising whereby a building owner is unable to carry out works they have a right to undertake, simply because they have not received a response.

Party wall specialist firm based in North London
Over 30 years experience in the construction industry
Strong reputation for personal and professional service
Silver Grey Associates Ltd